[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Irritatingly long file names

To: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Irritatingly long file names
From: Chris Richards <chrisr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 18 Jan 2002 06:30:03 -0600

Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> If we do it in this fashion please choose a .txt or .doc extension for the
> benefit of poor MS users. This means we must either:
>
> a) change the style of files like HOWTOPLAY to for e.g. playing_intro.txt
> b) change the style of those above to e.g. CODING_STYLE and HACKING.
>
> Oh and yes, it doesn't annoy me to move things to doc/. I find it that the
> main directory is starting to get cluttered. And i don't like to mix name
> styles, or have redundant text. :-)

Chances are the files are going to be in unix format, anyway.  So,
having a .txt isn't going to work.  It is better if you add a shortcut
to your SentTo/ directory to notepad.exe and to wordpad.exe.  That
way, you can just right-click on the appropriate README file | select
Sendto-> | select Wordpad.

cjr