[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civworld

To: Todd Goodman <tgoodman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civworld
From: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:58:05 -0600

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 04:35:09PM -0500, Todd Goodman wrote:
> I'm trying to build civworld with a August 26 CVS tree and the patch
> accessible from the download page on the freeciv.org website.
>
> I'm getting an error building because it builds ../gui-gtk/resources.c
> in the civworld directory and that includes <Freeciv.h> which is in
> gui-xaw (which isn't in the include path).

a bit confused here, you are compiling for the gtk client, correct?

> Before I spend time running after this (note that just adding gui-xaw to
> the include path doesn't work since Freeciv.h has include dependencies)
> I have a feeling something went wrong in my autoconf && automake &&
> ./configure steps.
>
> Is this known to build?

my advice is to ditch the Aug 26 version. I should have put the 1.12.0
civworld up on the website long ago. I'm sure that the Aug 26 version
hasn't been compilable for ages.

If you want civworld right now, you can find the version for 1.12.0 in
ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/contrib/utils/civworld/old/

if you want to wait a day or two, I'll put up a new version that applies
to CVS as soon as I figure out this new improvement code...

-mike