[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civworld

To: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civworld
From: Todd Goodman <tgoodman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:01:48 -0500

* Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [020114 16:58]:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 04:35:09PM -0500, Todd Goodman wrote:
> > I'm trying to build civworld with a August 26 CVS tree and the patch
> > accessible from the download page on the freeciv.org website.
> >
> > I'm getting an error building because it builds ../gui-gtk/resources.c
> > in the civworld directory and that includes <Freeciv.h> which is in
> > gui-xaw (which isn't in the include path).
>
> a bit confused here, you are compiling for the gtk client, correct?

I'm sure I am (confused).  And I suppose compiling for the gtk client
(whatever ./configure picked, which I'm pretty sure is the GTK client).

> > Before I spend time running after this (note that just adding gui-xaw to
> > the include path doesn't work since Freeciv.h has include dependencies)
> > I have a feeling something went wrong in my autoconf && automake &&
> > ./configure steps.
> >
> > Is this known to build?
>
> my advice is to ditch the Aug 26 version. I should have put the 1.12.0
> civworld up on the website long ago. I'm sure that the Aug 26 version
> hasn't been compilable for ages.

OK, I was curious where the 1.12.0 version was.

> If you want civworld right now, you can find the version for 1.12.0 in
> ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/contrib/utils/civworld/old/

Thanks, I'll try that out right away...

> if you want to wait a day or two, I'll put up a new version that applies
> to CVS as soon as I figure out this new improvement code...

I'll probably build a 1.12.0 version and then try your new version once
it's out too.

Thanks,

Todd