[Freeciv-Dev] Numbered tile markers

To: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Numbered tile markers
From: Teemu Kurppa <tkurppa@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 18:15:30 +0200 (EET)

This patch implements numbered tile markers for Freeciv GTK client.
I didn't send this to patch tracking yet, because I have a couple of
technical questions, which I'll ask in another message. However patch is
working and tested. It should compile and work cleanly against current CVS:

patch -p1 < numbered_tile_markers.diff
autoconf
automake
configure
make

gunzipped version is available at:
http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/ttkurppa/freeciv/

Check previous discussion:
http://arch.freeciv.org/freeciv-dev-200112/msg00902.html
http://arch.freeciv.org/freeciv-dev-200112/msg00903.html

Keyboard commands are:
*            - adds/removes a marker to/from tile under a mouse pointer.
shift+<num>  - e.g. shift+8, sets marker number 8 to tile under a mouse
pointer
ctrl+<num>   - e.g. ctrl+8, centers view to marker 8

There are some problems with Xserver and GTK key events to catch shift+key
events. I'll discuss these in another message. So, if shift+<some number>
doesn't work, try keypad numbers instead.

Marker data is persistent, if server has "attributes" capability
(1.12.1-devel). So, if you disconnect and reconnect, markers are restored.
However, you can use them also on servers without "attributes" capability,
but then marker data is lost, if you disconnect.

Once small technical problems are solved, I'll send this to patch tracking
system.

Till then, just enjoy,
Teemu Kurppa
tkurppa@xxxxxxxxxx