[Freeciv-Dev] Re: replying to messages (was Re: Re: AI cleanup Version 3

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: replying to messages (was Re: Re: AI cleanup Version 3 (PR#1203))
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 19:46:58 +0100

Dear diary, on Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 07:38:58PM CET, I got a letter, where Jason
Short <vze2zq63@xxxxxxxxxxx> told me, that...
> When you reply to a message sent to freeciv-dev that was also cc'd to
> bugs@freeciv, it gets sent to bugs@freeciv and ends up opening a new bug
> report.  This should be avoided :-).
>
> I'm not sure how best to avoid it, though.  For a while I was just sending
> the bug reports to bugs@freeciv, which would forward them on to the list and
> so there was only one message for the bug report.  This was superior, but
> then a couple of messages seemed to not get forwarded.
>
> For now, the best solution might be to have everyone just make sure they
> respond to the correct message, i.e. the one with the PR# attached to it.
> That way your followup will be attached to the correct bug report instead of
> starting a new one.
Funny, I wrote my mail, sent it and just got your one ;-). Well, I'm sorry for
this one, I forgot to check the cc list :/. However, it never occured to me
that some messages weren't forwarded.

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC, FreeCiv, (e)links
.
The advantage of GUI is that you can see everything you can change.
The disadvantage of GUI is that you can change only what you can see.
.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/