[Freeciv-Dev] replying to messages (was Re: Re: AI cleanup Version 3 (PR

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] replying to messages (was Re: Re: AI cleanup Version 3 (PR#1203))
From: Jason Short <vze2zq63@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 13:38:58 -0500

When you reply to a message sent to freeciv-dev that was also cc'd to bugs@freeciv, it gets sent to bugs@freeciv and ends up opening a new bug report. This should be avoided :-).

I'm not sure how best to avoid it, though. For a while I was just sending the bug reports to bugs@freeciv, which would forward them on to the list and so there was only one message for the bug report. This was superior, but then a couple of messages seemed to not get forwarded.

For now, the best solution might be to have everyone just make sure they respond to the correct message, i.e. the one with the PR# attached to it. That way your followup will be attached to the correct bug report instead of starting a new one.

jason