[Freeciv-Dev] [ADMIN][RFC] bugs/patches db and cc'ing to freeciv-dev

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] [ADMIN][RFC] bugs/patches db and cc'ing to freeciv-dev
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 19:44:24 +0100

Hello,

  last days, I see following occuring frequently:

1, Someone posts a mail to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxx, cc'ed to freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx.

2, As bugs@xxxxxxxxxxx forwards it to freeciv-dev as well, we got two copies in
mailing list.

3, If someone reply to the original post with 'group reply', it gets into
bugs@xxxxxxxxxxx once more.

4, New entry in db is created, new number assigned, and another duplicate copy
arrives, not catched by decent mail clients (like mutt ;) with threading, so
they are getting stocked at the bottom of mailbox.

  I'm finding this behavious pretty annoying, so I would like to beseech people
NOT to post their patches to freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, just to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxx.
Their submissions will get forwarded here automagically, and we will get rid of
this behaviour, making mess both in tracking database and on the mailing list.
I hope I don't ask much from you :).

  Have a nice evening,

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC, FreeCiv, (e)links
.
The advantage of GUI is that you can see everything you can change.
The disadvantage of GUI is that you can change only what you can see.
.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/