[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Active Units Dialog Extensions

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Active Units Dialog Extensions
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 19:38:37 +0100

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 02:03:51AM -0500, Daniel L Speyer wrote:
> Here is a patch that adds two buttons to the activeunits
> (f2) dialog.  These are to find a unit (Uh-oh, there's a barbarian
> galleon, which city do I have a destroyer in?) and to change all of a unit
> (Ah, I have mobile warfare, I should stop building artillery with 30
> different cities).  I have been playtesting this for a long time (I
> actually submitted it back during 1.11, but it got lost) and it is very
> stable.  This version has been slightly cleaned up, and should have no
> unpleasant side-effects.

I've tried your patch; I have had thought about something slightly
different before. Rather than "Find Nearest" I wished to have a
command "awake all" units of a special kind, e.g. cruisers, amor,
usefull when it's time for war. Now then I write this I think this
should be limited to units in cities or not fortified, for not
to break fortification.

Also, if I'm not wrong, "Find nearest" finds the unit near the
active unit, that needn't to be an enemy unit, right? And why not
wake the unit up at once and close the dialog?

The second button you've implemented, "Change in progress" would
be more convenient if implemented as a popup menu. Personally
I'm used to do this from City report, so I don't really need it.

So, what about two buttons "Find nearest" and "Wake all"?

Christian

--
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *