[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI Cleanup V 2 Part 2

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>, freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI Cleanup V 2 Part 2
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 11:20:54 +0000 (GMT)

Few comments:

1. My warmap patch doesn't touch unit_move_turns.  In any case it's
prospects for inclusion are pretty dim.

2. There is a lot of hardcoded boatspeed.  I think we should add a FIXME
comment before each.  Also the lines with /* Tired of Kaput */ comment
refer to triremes IMHO -- put a FIXME comment there too (because
unit_flag should be used to determine if it's a trireme, not the speed).

3. In
  if (unit_flag(punit, F_IGTER)) m *= 3;
number 3 should actually be substituted by SINGLE_MOVE/MOVE_COST_ROAD,
not
just SINGLE_MOVE.  I would recommend a new define IGTER_UNIT_SPEEDUP.

4. I'm not a maintainer but I would prefer if patches were:
 a) localised
 b) thorough
That is, one patch with the new unit_move_turns.  One patch for f_s_t_k
changing _all_ the one-letter variables etc.  I think that was Petr's
opinion too.

G.