[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Status of patches

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Status of patches
From: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 23:12:43 -0500

Really bad UI decision :-).

Presenting the user with a blocky circular UI object might fool the
user into thinking the map coordinates were trigonometric, but in
reality they are not. Misleading the user is generally considered bad
form by mature programmers.

Embedding funny four-leafed clover vision patterns into the game may
provide interesting effects on play, but it really doesn't conform to
a reasonable gaming model.

And if you keep adding more four-leafed clovers, you soon will make
it everything, even though it started in a sane state. Hopefully this
macro won't make it in so things become a little harder to screwup.

Its the misplaced sense of elegance vs practical realities thing :-).

At 03:39 PM 01/11/27 -0500, vze2zq63@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>Gaute B Strokkenes wrote:
>I think circle_iterate could have much more use than this one place - as
>I've said before, _everything_ in freeciv uses circles.  In particular,
>vision code could use circlular iteration, allowing watchtower-enhanced
>vision to remain circular.
>jason

Cheers,
RossW