[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Status of patches

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Status of patches
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:59:28 +0000

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 05:14:58PM +0000, Gaute B Strokkenes wrote:
>> On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>> > Patches:
>> > 990: +0
>>
>> Try upgrading the in-tree gettext to 0.10.40.  Do not apply unless
>> you are 100% you know what you're doing.
>
> The in-tree version is based on 0.10.38. The offical version of
> 0.10.38 contains the msgfmt tool. However the in-tree version
> doesn't.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

In any case, since the autoconf magic is supplied directly from the
gettext maintainer, you should contact him and ask him how this is
supposed to work and why before you blindly apply your own "fix" to a
piece of code that you are not familiar with.

>> > 1063: +Q0
>>
>> Another macro is gratuitios.  I prefer square_dxy_iterate(); this
>> has other uses (as manifested in my tree).
>
> Can you post this one?

Give me a couple of days.

--
Big Gaute                               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/