[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Tech cost patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Tech cost patch
From: Juha Litola <slave@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 14:49:46 +0200

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 01:17:17PM +0200, Juha Litola wrote:
> Here is a patch implementing consistent tech costs.
And here is quick addition.

> It moves tech cost functionality to tech_cost in common/tech.c.
> It introduces new game.ruleset variable tech_cost_style.
> 0 is old style, each invention increase cost by game.researchcost.
> 1 means tech costs game.researchcost*(1+numparenttechs) where
>   numparenttechs is number requirement technologies counted recursively
>   Each technology is only counted once.
> 2 is same as 1 but it is additionally multiplied by
>   (numplayers-civswithtech)/numplayers. This is what civ3 does if
>   I have understood correctly.
3 same as 2, but civswithtech is calculated as all players we have
  embassy with that has technology in question. I first tried to
  count it with all civs we have contact, but client calculated
  cost wrong as we don't have technology information for other
  civilizations before we make embassy with them.

--
// Juha Litola