[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Thoughts about corruption

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Thoughts about corruption
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 18:30:56 -0500

Gregor Zeitlinger <zeitling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My idea was that if you have other means to deal with unhappyness, those are considered first and you only have to pay for whats not been taken care of already. This makes it very predictable I think. The effective luxury rate could even be calculated, so that you can identify where you have to pay and employ military or elvises there.

Sure, I understand that those other means would still work as before and only any additional luxury needed will be deducted. It is just less obvious where exactly the luxury all went and when you really need entertainers or martial law.

As I understand it, luxury will be dealt out just enough to keep the peace, so there will be no more civil disorder. While that may be a welcome change, there would be no more WLTKD celebration either. This will be a major departure from the current game and would affect a few other things such as rapture growth. Have you thought about that?

I got your drift.  I prefer a uniform corruption level for all cities.

So do I, for predictability. But I'd like to combine it with auto-elvis or pay-for-unhappyness (see above) because otherwise you have to check each city each time a city is founded.

I don't see how they are related to each other. But of course, getting rid of civil disorder would greatly reduce micromanagement.

Mike