[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Artwork

To: Sam Cole <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Artwork
From: Jules Bean <jules@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 21:56:38 +0000

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 01:14:39PM -0800, Sam Cole wrote:
> Hi (all?),
>
> I noticed in the Oreilleynet article that graphics/artwork was on the
> wishlist. Is there anything specific that could be done ? I'd like to get
> involved. There is some stuff on my page, but nothing too interesting, as
> stuff I do for work usually can't be posted there.

Speaking for myself:

I'd love to see nicer 'people' icons in the city dialogs. The
happy/unhappy/content ones along the top.

I'd love to have an iconic view of food/production/trade rather than
the current numeric one.  Something like a nice little wheatsheaf
representing 1 food, a rather larger one representing ten.

I'd like to have an isometric tileset with the same elegance (IMO !)
as the trident flat tileset.

Jules

(who's not even a freeciv developer, but..)