[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Artwork

To: Sam Cole <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Artwork
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 03:59:30 +0100

On 2001-11-26 13:14:39, Sam Cole wrote:
> Hi (all?),
>
> I noticed in the Oreilleynet article that graphics/artwork was on the
> wishlist. Is there anything specific that could be done ? I'd like to get
> involved. There is some stuff on my page, but nothing too interesting, as
> stuff I do for work usually can't be posted there.

Well, there's lots of things that could be done... But I guess most
would require quite a bit of coordination and the amount of coders that
have appropriate areas of interest and amounts of time at a given time
varies quite a lot... The good thing is that if you don't get the reply
you want now that doesn't mean you want get it if you try again in a
week or two... :)

Tilesets should be a safe enough area to work on though, the support for
varying tilesets in the code is quite extensive and getting people to
improve it in smaller steps shouldn't be a problem...

Take a look at the tilesets currently used... Take a look at the entire
game and see for yourself where you could du the most damage... :)

An alternative isometric tileset would be nice for one thing...
Keep in touch - there are others you could coordinate with...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)