[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI devel

To: Jacek Popławski <jpopl@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI devel
From: Adam Gregory <Adammgregory@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 14:00:02 -0300

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 02:24:09 Jacek Popławski wrote:
Hello :)
I have been away this mailing list, and away Freeciv multiplayer for a
long
while. I want to ask what is going on with AI development, now. Is
someone
trying to add diplomacy to AI?
I think we can use "score". I mean "Iron Working" can have score=100.
"Pottery"
can be 50, and gold will be 1. So if we need Iron Working from AI - it
will
agree only if we give it Pottery and at least 50 gold.
How can we score peace? It depends of civilization power, and diplomatic
situation with other civs.

Could the code that is used to rate civilisations by military power and advancement etc. in those occasional reports be used? I guess it must be able to quantify military power + advancement to rank the nations, and couldn't it be modified so that the values it calculates can be compared between two nations. The difference in these 'scores' betwen the nations would give the AI an idea of how much peace is worth to them.

PS. one more thing - are there plans to add features from Civ3 - like
resources
and culture?

--
All eyes see the figure of the wizard
As he climbs to the top of the world

--

The twin evils of an indifferent God and the spiteful force of gravity.