[Freeciv-Dev] Graphics

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Graphics
From: "Dan Johansson" <djohansson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 15:01:15 -0600

Hi

I’m interested in making graphics for freeciv, however I have a couple of questions.

  1. What are the limits for making tiles and other icons? (Resolution and color depth)
  2. Is there going to be any color mode/resolution changing options in freeciv? (I prefer make the graphics 24 bit but it greatly adds to the file size)
  3. Would you like me to make a high resolution pack for freeciv meaning bigger tiles higher color depth and can someone fix the display problems that will arise from changing the resolution?