[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Graphics

To: Dan Johansson <djohansson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Graphics
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 02:52:31 +0100

On 2001-11-25 15:01:15, Dan Johansson wrote:
> Hi
> I'm interested in making graphics for freeciv, however I have a couple
> of questions.
> 1.    What are the limits for making tiles and other icons?
> (Resolution and color depth)

Take a look at the existing tilesets...
Making a nice replacement for the hires tileset is one thing you could
do... I don't really like that tileset and I know I'm not alone...

> 2.    Is there going to be any color mode/resolution changing options
> in freeciv? (I prefer make the graphics 24 bit but it greatly adds to
> the file size)

I don't know what you mean by resolution changing exactly but I think
there is support for tilesets of different sizes (there's two sizes used
now and it looks like it would be simple to add a tileset with another
size)
About the colordepth I don't really know but I don't think it will be
too big a problem if any...

> 3.    Would you like me to make a high resolution pack for freeciv
> meaning bigger tiles higher color depth and can someone fix the display
> problems that will arise from changing the resolution?

Go ahead! I'm sure we can work something out... :)

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)