[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Natural City Names

To: Cameron Morland <cjmorland@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Natural City Names
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 14:46:54 +0100

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 08:30:23AM -0500, Cameron Morland wrote:
> [Apologies if this is sent twice.]
>
> I've improved my "natural city names" patch. This patch selects a city
> name which is appropriate considering the location of the city. It
> considers if the tile is a river or coastal, and permits terrain-specific
> names, like Springfield, Swan Hill, Inglewood, etc.
>
> This patch is in two parts. The "-code" includes all the code to implement
> this, and the "-data" includes a list of nations with city names sorted by
> catogory, to the best of my ability.
>
> The patch now supports all terrain types, as they are defined in
> terrain.ruleset.
>
> The patches are available at the following location:
>
> <www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~cjmorlan/freeciv/natural_citynames-data.diff>
> <www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~cjmorlan/freeciv/natural_citynames-code.diff>

Is this an offical submission for inclusion or more like a RFC? If it
is the first: can you resubmit if with the tracking system and can
people please comment on this?

I think the patch is quite short compared to the other suggestions of
this problem.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Python 2.0 beta 1 is now available [...]. There is a long list of new