[Freeciv-Dev] Natural City Names

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Natural City Names
From: Cameron Morland <cjmorlan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 08:30:23 -0500 (EST)

[Apologies if this is sent twice.]

I've improved my "natural city names" patch. This patch selects a city
name which is appropriate considering the location of the city. It
considers if the tile is a river or coastal, and permits terrain-specific
names, like Springfield, Swan Hill, Inglewood, etc.

This patch is in two parts. The "-code" includes all the code to implement
this, and the "-data" includes a list of nations with city names sorted by
catogory, to the best of my ability.

The patch now supports all terrain types, as they are defined in
terrain.ruleset.

The patches are available at the following location:

<www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~cjmorlan/freeciv/natural_citynames-data.diff>
<www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~cjmorlan/freeciv/natural_citynames-code.diff>