[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Minor translation patch for citydialog

To: "Pieter J. Kersten" <kersten@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Minor translation patch for citydialog
From: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 08:17:49 -0600

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 10:49:00AM +0100, Pieter J. Kersten wrote:
> In reply on my own mail:
>
> On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Pieter J. Kersten wrote:
>
> Reasoning in the same line: what about the Oracle wonder? In the current
> implementation it is never shown, although it clearly affects happiness.
> Should it show up in the wonders line or in the optional temple
> improvement or both?

well, I read the help on the subject (which may not be accurate), and it
says that the Oracle merely doubles the effect of temples, so it
wouldn't act like a temple if there isn't one in the city.

> > > Is what's happening for you? Maybe this isn't intuitive behavior.
> > > Perhaps it should appear in both places? The relevant code is at
> > > happiness.c:319
> > >

> > Obviously, for me it is more intuitive to have it at both places :-)
> >

> Ok, I've made a patch to show Michelangelo's Chapel as a wonder, but I'm
> hesitating releasing it because of the 'line wrap hack' in that area.
> What about that? Why after the second wonder and not after the last?

This was a semi-arbitrary decision on my part, but it can't go after the
last. (have all four wonders active and try it to see why) It's to break the
line, so your dialog width doesn't get ludicrous. This in my opinion is the way
to counteract the bitching that resulted from using gtk_set_line_wrap() (It
looks pretty good too, at least for the font I'm using).

> For the whole function: Can't you make a loop for this? It all seems
> identical code besides the B_xxx constants. It should make things a lot
> clearer.

If you can do it, go for it.