[Freeciv-Dev] Re: extremely preliminary server command parsing

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: extremely preliminary server command parsing
From: Justin Moore <justin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 17:09:02 -0400 (EDT)

> > - blank lines or lines whose first character is a '#' are ignored (done)
>
> At present, the ruleset code allows '#' comments to follow data
> in some places.  It would be nice to have this, but '#' can occur
> within data.

   Out of curiousity, could you provide an example?

> > - lines with a '\' as the last non-whitespace, non-commented character
> >     indicate a line continuation
>
> I think Arien's proposal is easier to use, especially for non-Unix users.

   True.  I occasionally forget there are those "other" people out there
using Freeciv. :)

> > - lines that end with a newline end a comment (this includes line
> >     continuated commands)
>
> Don't all lines end with a newline?

   Sorry, s/comment/command/.  And it should have been "lines that don't
have a continuation character as the last non-whitespace character end a
command."

   I'll post my comments re: the syntax in the syntax thread.

-jdm

Department of Computer Science, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708-0129
Email:  justin@xxxxxxxxxxx