[Freeciv-Dev] Re: extremely preliminary server command parsing

To: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: extremely preliminary server command parsing
From: Justin Moore <justin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 18:01:49 -0400 (EDT)

> I've written a program that sets up a data tree in responce to commands
> like what's been discussed here.  It's incomplete and probably buggy, but
> it's a start.  I haven't looked at integrating it into the server yet.

[ snip ]

> Unfortunately, it doesn't do a very good job of ignoring whitespace (yet),
> but you can see the flexibility otherwise.

   It seems we have several people working on the server upgrade and
unification portions.  There's some overlap (like with various split
functions), and it seems like there isn't too much peer review going on.
Maybe I'm just frustrated because I've yet to get any serious feedback
about the patches I put in for the server cleanup, and it would be nice if
the people working in similar areas would help me out here.  I honestly
think the server reorganization would make a lot of this much much easier,
but it doesn't seem like anyone's too interested in actually commenting
about it.  If there's no actual interest in this, fine, just let me know
so I don't waste any more time fighting with the server code.

   I know the patches are big, but 99% of them are just rearranging
portions of code.  Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
-jdm

Department of Computer Science, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708-0129
Email:  justin@xxxxxxxxxxx