[Freeciv-Dev] extremely preliminary server command parsing

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] extremely preliminary server command parsing
From: Daniel L Speyer <dspeyer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 16:02:19 -0400 (EDT)

I've written a program that sets up a data tree in responce to commands
like what's been discussed here.  It's incomplete and probably buggy, but
it's a start.  I haven't looked at integrating it into the server yet.

Here's an example set of commands:

set timeout 100
create archers {set attack 10;set defense 20}
with archers {
set hitpoints 50
}
set archers.cost 1
create longbowmen {set attack 100}
destroy longbowmen

Unfortunately, it doesn't do a very good job of ignoring whitespace (yet),
but you can see the flexibility otherwise.

Hopefully this will get unification moving again.

--Daniel Speyer
"May the /src be with you, always"