[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Dangerous danger2

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Paul Zastoupil <paulz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Dangerous danger2
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 23:16:39 +0200

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 10:44:54PM +0200, Reinier Post wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 08:43:34PM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:
>
> > It looks like you just have too many units. These 555 Mech. Inf. are
> > just too much.
>
> As if Paul would ever create that many :)  It's the stupid AI
> which doesn't know anything about map topology (yes it's the t-word).
>
> I hope your agents patch will allow agents to be created that can
> coordinate unit action better; if 'squads' could signal each other
> that certain tasks are already being taken care of, it would probably
> solve this symptom as well as the real problem.

Thanks for your confidence but it will take some time to build agents
which coordinate their actions. There are just some basic pieces
missing like "how long would it take to move a unit to (x,y)?". You
can't write "higher" level stuff without such calulcations.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Make a software that is foolproof, and only fools will want to use it.