[Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: fix for smooth_map (PR#991)

To: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: fix for smooth_map (PR#991)
From: Jason Dorje Short <vze2zq63@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 12:42:57 -0400

Raimar Falke wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 12:04:15PM -0400, Jason Dorje Short wrote:

> > +     Care must be taken so that the new height map uses the exact
> > +     same storage structure as the real one - it must be the same
> > +     size and use the same indexing.
>
> We don't need the same indexing. The new one just have to hold all the
> information of the old one. I would use "For this the new map has to
> be of the same size as the old one".

With a different indexing scheme, everything will fail catastrophically
since the new heights will get copied back into the wrong places.  Or do
you mean it's not an issue since both use map_inx?

> >  The advantage of the new array is there's no feedback from
> >  overwriting in-use values.
>
> >   --JDS */
>
> I think such personal statements are ugly. We done want a conversion
> in the source code:

By "personal statements", you mean because it's "signed"?  I don't
really care; I'm just trying to follow the standard.  You're right, a
simple annotate run will show who made (or most recently modified...)
the comment.  The comment itself is necessary IMO.

> And yes I have removed such personal tags 1 or 2 times what I applied
> a patch.

Feel free to do so here.

jason