[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Message translation problem

To: Michael Stefaniuc <mstefani@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Message translation problem
From: "Pieter J. Kersten" <kersten@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 00:28:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Michael Stefaniuc wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 10:39:27PM +0200, Pieter J. Kersten wrote:

> > > I see no string "Great philopophers..."
> > >

> > It is in data/default/techs.ruleset line 409.
> >
> > > The "Great scientists..." string seems to be generated by the server and
> > > sent to all clients after translation.  I don't know how the server
> > > attempts to handle translation.  (It's in server/plrhand.c/320.)
> > >

> > I've seen that, and I've never seen that string or its translation during
> > playing. Perhaps that's another part of the problem.
> Yes, it is: take a look at da.po and you will find:
>     #: server/plrhand.c:302
>     msgid ""
>     "Game: Great philosophers ..."

That may be true for the da.po file, but I was talking about the du.po
file. ;-)

> That was changed to "Great scientists ..." . You need to merge the code
> changes
> into the da.po file. Just do a (in a fresh CVS extract)
> cd freeciv/po
> make da.pox
> After reviewing da.pox you can move it to da.po . This will give you the
> (now) correct entry for "Game: Great philosophers ...":
> #: data/default/techs.ruleset:409
> msgid ""
> "Great philosophers ..."

I've done that several times, even with removing the msgid/str completely
beforehand, to be certain that the string would be the one in the source
files. All to no avail. So, I'm still clueless.

But thanx anyway.
--
Pieter J. Kersten