[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Extended connect dialog (PR#977)

To: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Extended connect dialog (PR#977)
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 23:02:44 +0200

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 09:27:16PM +0200, Andreas Kemnade wrote:
> Raimar Falke writes:
>  > On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 05:52:57AM -0700, Andreas Kemnade wrote:
>  >
>  > It produces compiler warnings:
>  >
> Fixed. The core dump is also fixed. But you can crash the client if you
> close the dialog and select the "Disconnect" menu item. But what
> should happen if you close the dialog:
> Quit the client?
> Popup the normal connect dialog?
>
> The things on the todo list have still to be done.
>
> The updated patch is attached.
> Of course, it is not ready for cvs.
>
> Are the label texts good or could there be more meaningful text?
> What about the server window? More buttons?

Overall: very nice.

Problems:
 - it starts the civserver from "/usr/local/bin/civserver" which is
 old. It should try to start "./ser" or "./server/civserver" first
 - it looks like the client doesn't catch the error message of the
 server that the server can't bind to the default port. This should
 disable the start-game button.
 - I had to manually kill the civserver process. All sensible exits
 from the client (maybe not assert and abort but exit(0)) should popup
 a "Do you want to kill the server?" dialog.
 - after I press "end game" on the server window the main menu (the one
 containing new-game, load-game, join-game) reopenes. This should make
 the server window disabled.
 - can you add a "Quit game" button to the main menu?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  +#if defined(__alpha__) && defined(CONFIG_PCI)