[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Extended connect dialog (PR#977)

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Extended connect dialog (PR#977)
From: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 18:08:49 +0200

Raimar Falke writes:

 > > I think all exits should kill the server without asking. Does it make
 > > sense to let the server run with dead stdio? One aim of this patch was
 > > to make freeciv usable for people who don't know the difference
 > > between server and client.
 >
 > What if somebody others joined the server and the client exits for
 > reasons which aren't meaned to end the game (client crashs, user wants
 > to change tileset,...).

client crashes: I don't want to mess with SIGSEGV handlers. So the
                server will survive.

the rest:
two possibilities:
1. Popup: "Do you want to save the game?"

2. Menu item (Game menu) "Quit/End game" and "Quit client" instead of
  "Quit" when
   civclient has started the server. I think that would cause less
   confusion. Users, who don't understand what a client is, won't
   touch "Quit client".

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade