[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Unused field in move_cost_map removed.

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Unused field in move_cost_map removed.
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 12:13:37 +0100 (BST)

 --- Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 01:51:21PM +0100, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
[..]

> Thue confirmed that this was the original intention. Still the number
> I get from you aren't clear. How many times is this shortcut taken?

I feel quite reluctant calculating the number, because the evidence I got
from run-times was quite convincing.  Instead, I will find the places in
the code where danger of returning the same tile twice still exists and
minimize such danger.

> From how many times in total? Also can you try the attached shell
> script? This gives at least for me constant user times.

I tried the script (minor edited), the results of the runs are attached.
In one of the corrected runs the time is quite high but I think it is due
to the system doing something at the time.

The difference in time is smaller than in my previous results because you
set endyear to 500AD and I did it to 1800AD.  Also in my previous runs I
used three different seeds:
(rand)seed = 42, 43, 44

What exactly gives you constant user times?

G.