[Freeciv-Dev] Re: roman.ruleset & french.ruleset patchs

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: roman.ruleset & french.ruleset patchs
From: mathieu <yeupou@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 15:40:03 +0200

> I got them. Problem is that I have no clue about this. I don't know if
> it is valid to use non 7bit ascii chars like in "Napoléon" nor do I
> know latin. I have to rely my judgment on the opinion of other
> people. So far nobody has commented.

about the latin names of roman leaders, you can get any history book (made
by historians of course) about the period, you'll see theses names. It's
really better to use this names as we desire play as roman (and not as
other people seeing romans).

About Napoléon, if you can't use non 7bit ascii chars with gettext, so
leave it without.
Since software internationalized in french (as freeciv) have translation
with non 7bit ascii chars, we can suppose that it works fine.

Also, are the names translated in po files ? If not, you must writing
Napoléon as we write it in french. If files are translated, you can put
Napoleon without "é" if you want.

mathieu