[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Population counter overflow (PR#954)

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: s.yeates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Population counter overflow (PR#954)
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 01:16:14 +0200

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> > A patch which should fix this is attached. Can you test it
>> > please?
>>
>> You have forgotten to take into account the places where
>> city_population() is used other than the client, mainly in
>> common/game.c.
>
> No I haven't. score.literacy is divided by the population
> later. Although I have to admit I haven't tested it.

Hm.  Well, there's still rank_calc_mil_service() in server/report.c.

And I notice that in a lot of places you are passing 0 instead of 3 to
the new int_to_text() where the latter is appropriate.  Which brings
me on to my next point: remembering to pass 0 or 3 to int_to_text()
like this seems clumsy and error-prone.  Better to add something
called population_to_text(), and perhaps do this for spaceships too.

--
Big Gaute                               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
..  bleakness....  desolation....  plastic forks...