[Freeciv-Dev] Re: the directional system

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: thue@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: the directional system
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:34:48 +0200

On Monday 10 September 2001 07:13, Ross W. Wetmore wrote:
> >Exactly. And even at this one place it provides no advantage. Thue?
>
> I'm surprised he managed to get it in. But I suspect when he asked
> me to put more of this stuff into the mapgen updates before 12.0 he
> knew this would effectively block any map improvements until more
> of his fixes were adopted :-).

I did not ask you to put more stuff into the mapgen code. I pointed out
some errors and then asked you to post followups to freeciv-dev, as I
wouldn't have time to look at the patches.

Very little was changed just before 1.12.0, as we were in a virtuel
feature freeze. If in introduced DIR_D[XY]2 it was probably just as a
cleanup of something that was already there. So no, I did not look very
deeply at your patches because they were a bigger change that was not
appropriate at the time.

Please don't try to argue by making accusations at the other part. It
is extremely bad form. And I certaintly don't have time to participate
if I am going to be attacked like that.

-Thue