[Freeciv-Dev] Re: the directional system

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: the directional system
From: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 02:50:57 -0400

At 06:59 PM 01/09/09 +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:
>On Sun, Sep 09, 2001 at 05:29:01PM +0200, Thue wrote:
>> On Sunday 09 September 2001 12:33, Thue wrote:
>> > On Sunday 09 September 2001 10:08, Raimar Falke wrote:
[...]
>> (Or you could change the rest of freeciv to use DIR_DX2 as
>> suggested, which may just require changing DIR_REVERSE)

I suspect that the isometric and non-isometric systems use
different ways to store the data bits on disk, so one likely
has to be changed if one wants to propagate the use of DIR_DX
everywhere blindly.

But I also suspect, that this can be isolated at various levels
the first of which is the whole GUI, provided that the off-system
is clearly marked as such. But I am not a GUI-type person, so I
can only point and hint, hoping someone else will look at this.

>This is the plan Justin and Ross currently follow.
>
>Changing the spec file looks like the easiest solution to me.

It is amazing how you can justify locking in the worst system. And
the effort you are willing to expend to do this :-).

Now if we could only channel this drive productively ...

>       Raimar
>--
> email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>    1) Customers cause problems.
>    2) Marketing is trying to create more customers.
>  Therefore:
>    3) Marketing is evil.

Cheers,
RossW