[Freeciv-Dev] Re: civclient-gtk font issue (PR#926)

To: erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: civclient-gtk font issue (PR#926)
From: Jules Bean <jules@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 21:36:15 +0100

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 01:19:44PM -0700, erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Full_Name: Erik Swanson
> Version: 1.12.0

Erik, you might want to use the debian bug reporting system for bugs
in debian packages.  Not that it matters much, I'll see the bugs
either way.

Have a look at http://bugs.debian.org/109488 anyhow.

> since upgrading to the 1.12.0 client, I am seeing non-printing and symbol
> glyphs
> in several of the dialogs.

I don't really understand this problem, in detail.  (There's a good
explanation in #109488 of roughly what's going on).  Certainly I only
suffered from it briefly after I upgraded my X packages to 4.1.0 (and
not only with freeciv, but also with pan, and galeon): a reboot seemed
to solve the problems.

I can no longer reproduce it with current debian unstable packages.  I
encourage people who think they understand to comment ;)

Jules