[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [patches] freeing NULL ptrs

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Kevin Brown <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Justin Moore <justin@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [patches] freeing NULL ptrs
From: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 13:09:27 -0400

assert is a void function and so can only be put in code blocks as
opposed to expressions. But a divide by zero can do the same thing
in an expression.

These should be tied to NDEBUG to stop the proliferation of control
variables. NDEBUG should be set on release versions and friendlier
actions taken as alternate codepaths.

I.E. the solution is already there and just needs to be used.

Cheers,
RossW
=====