[Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: Modified can_build_improvment()

To: <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: Modified can_build_improvment()
From: sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Bauer)
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 19:10:52 +0200

Hi!

> > I haven't made changed in the non amiga part since a long time but I
> > hope I have made everything still correct. It's a very small patch
> > and should be considered as a first patch of more. I think this
> > should happen step by step and as far as I have time I will submit
> > more patches.
> I have to admit to not understand the original methods and so I can't
> check the correctness of your changes. It looks like other peolple
> have the same problem since there are no other response to your mail.

The previous can_build_improvment() was hardcoded if a building can be built
in a city. It ignored the buildings.ruleset. The patch changed this so at
least the building, terrain and special requirement are respected. If nobody
complain I will commit it. Then I try to continue to respect more things and
to further generalize the building system to allow better modpacks.

bye,
Sebastian Bauer