[Freeciv-Dev] patch: Modified can_build_improvment()

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: Modified can_build_improvment()
From: sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Bauer)
Date: 18 Aug 2001 21:53:45 +0100

Hi!

This patch changes can_build_improvement() and similiar functions to use the
definitions from the buildings.ruleset instead to hardcode this.

I haven't made changed in the non amiga part since a long time but I hope I
have made everything still correct. It's a very small patch and should be
considered as a first patch of more. I think this should happen step by step
and as far as I have time I will submit more patches.

Question:
I don't really understand the differnt between equiv_dupl and equiv_repl. The
text in buildings.ruleset says that you may still build the building even if
there are the buildings listed in equiv_dupl within the range. But this is only
used for the Barracks and for the Power Plant types in current rules. AFAIK you
can never build two barracktypes or two power plant types. So the describtion
is IMO wrong. But then equiv_dupl is needless because equiv_repl does this job
already. Do I interpret this correct? May I remove equiv_dupl?

The current version doesn't implement neighter equiv_dupl nor equiv_repl
because of this. I haven't modified yet the functions wonder_replacement() so
this part is still hardcoded. All in all this patch should do nothing visible
to the enduser with the current rules. At least I hope this.

bye,
Sebastian Bauer