[Freeciv-Dev] problems on civserver

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] problems on civserver
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 20:21:31 +0100 (WET DST)

Well some people had problems on civserver today because:
  a) someone typed /end and noone noticed it.
  b) someone changed the endyear variable and left and then the
     players who took over didn't notice it.

Some thoughts:

the server should display to all users whenever someone
enters a disruptive command like /endgame who and what was typed.

typing /end and /quit is too easy so you can make an
easy mistake. i propose we change these commands to '/end end' and '/quit
quit'.
'/end' and '/quit' should give a message like 'if you really want to quit
type /quit quit'.

maybe we should have a '/reset' command that changed all the variables to
their default values?

---