[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Map coordinate cleanups.

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Map coordinate cleanups.
From: Kevin Brown <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 21:03:22 -0700

Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 10:58:54AM -0700, Kevin Brown wrote:
> > This stuff only becomes an issue when you're dealing with a compiler
> > that can't do inline functions.  I doubt there are many of those that
> > matter anymore...
>
> Caution. What about amiga, vms and beos? Yes you can just declare: you
> don't matter anymore...

Hmm...of these the Amiga is probably the most trouble, in part because
the compiler might not support inline functions but mainly because
it's no longer subject to Moore's Law.  Does gcc run on it?  If so,
problem solved.  Be nice to know what compilers people are using to
build Freeciv under it, and whether or not they support inline
functions.

I'd think the BeOS compiler could handle inline functions, but speak
from ignorance.  Anyone know?

VMS???  There isn't even a client for that, is there?  How much does
inlining and macros help the server under that platform?  Is gcc
available for it?  How many people are running Freeciv under it?  VMS
might be a small enough group that it's not worth using macros just
for it.

--
Kevin Brown                                           kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    It's really hard to define what "unexpected behavior" means when you're
                       talking about Windows.