Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: scorelog/savegame inconsistencies

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: scorelog/savegame inconsistencies
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 22:04:20 +0200

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 10:15:53AM -0400, Justin Moore wrote:

> Hello,
>    I've noticed that it can be somewhat of a hassle to keep the
> civscore.log file consistent with the save game file.  That is, saving a
> game at "the wrong time" and shutting down the civserver will cause
> logging to be disabled when you start back up.  Or if you try to start an
> "older" version of the same game saved in a particular directory, you have
> to cut out all the logging past when you saved the game.
>
>    As a possible (post 1.12.0) solution, what about merging the
> civscore.log file with the save game file?  That way no matter when you
> save the game, if you transfer it from one computer to another, or start
> an older game, you have all the logging information with it.  I've got a
> patch against 1.11.6 that I'm almost finished with (save works, putting
> the finishing touches on loading).  If anyone's interested in details or
> has questions, feel free.

[I know nothing about the scorelog, so I am not goig to say or do anything
about it this side of 1.12.0]

>    As a side note (and trying not to sound too ignorant) how do you run an
> all-AI game?  I'd like to get a sense of how quickly this will make the
> saved files grow as time progresses.  Some early numbers have it as
> growing 1K per player per 10 turns, but I'd like more accurate data.

Fx by starting a game with some AI players as normal and then
"aitoggle <yourself>". To make the turns go by themself either
"set timeout 1" or in the client options uncheck "Manual turn done
in AI mode".

-Thue