Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] GNU gettext 0.10.35 and the header entry.

To: bug-gnu-utils@xxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] GNU gettext 0.10.35 and the header entry.
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23 Jun 2001 03:35:20 +0100

I posted this to help-gnu-utils a few days ago with no reply.  I'm
trying again here; this is essentially a bug report for 0.10.35
anyway.

In Freeciv (<http://www.freeciv.org>) all the PO header entries are
marked as fuzzy.  With gettext 0.10.35 this appears to have no ill
effects, and in fact if the entries are not marked as fuzzy then the
translations returned by gettext() are not correct in some cases; see
for instance

  http://arch.freeciv.org/freeciv-dev-200103/msg00018.html

and the surrounding discussion.  Since 0.10.38 is now available and
we'd like to take advantage of e.g. the ability to convert charsets on
the fly, we no longer have the option to mark the headers as fuzzy.
But before we can unmark them we need to understand the above bug.
So: is this a known bug?  Does anyone know what the likely cause could
be, or of a mistake in Freeciv that could cause it?  Is there a
workaround?  etc. etc.

--
Gaute Strokkenes                        http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
Are you still an ALCOHOLIC?