Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: GNU gettext 0.10.35 and the header entry.

To: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: GNU gettext 0.10.35 and the header entry.
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 25 Jun 2001 02:07:56 +0100

On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, thue@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Maybe we should just remove the fuzzy bits and let the freeciv CVS
> users/beta testers find any bugs? I don't think that would be
> unreasonable.

That's a good idea, except that Freeciv will still use glibc's
gettext() if there is one, and that gettext() will be the old buggy
one.  OTOH if we ever take advantage of the plural stuff that will
exclude the old and buggy versions anyway.

> But if you really want to ask someone who knows, I guess the author
> Bruno Haible <haible@xxxxxxx> would be a good bet.

Will do; I merely thought it would be a good idea to exhaust the
proper channels first before bugging any particular individual.

--
Big Gaute                               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
I think I am an overnight sensation right now!!