Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Building wonder in stealth mode! (PR#764)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Building wonder in stealth mode! (PR#764)
From: Greg Wooledge <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 22:17:59 -0400

Daniel Zinsli (dzinsli+priv@xxxxxxxx) wrote:

> Greg Wooledge <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > This is a feature; it's how the various PayCiv games *all* work.  A
> > wonder of the world is a project so vast and astonishing that it cannot
> > be done secretly.

> not really, in payciv you aren't informed about other _humans_ building
> wonders, which imho is a very good thing, because you never know
> what they are going for.

Ah... then it might depend on which game is being played.  I haven't
played Civ II multiplayer gold (or whatever it was called); but I've
played CivCTP multiplayer, and it definitely announces when other human
players start work on wonders, and when they're getting "close" to
finishing.  I'm not sure about SMAC (not having played it against other
humans yet).

greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |