Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] server crash: failed sanity check (PR#760)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] server crash: failed sanity check (PR#760)
From: jshort@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 09:51:50 -0700 (PDT)

Full_Name: Jason Short
Version: CVS
Client: Gtk+
OS: Red Hat Linux 7.1/i686
Submission from: (NULL) (151.201.20.68)

civserver: sanitycheck.c:44: check_specials: Assertion
`get_tile_type(terrain)->mining_result == terrain' failed.

I'm running the current (April 30, 2001) CVS version of the client and
server.  Near the end of my game, the above controlled crash happened
without warning.  At the time, I wasn't doing much of anything, except
that a unit was traveling along the antarctic ice *.  When I reloaded the
save file and continued (not identically, of course), the crash did not
happen.  The server had been running for quite some time when it happened.

I really don't know what more I can say.  I've put the core dump and a
save file from a few turns previously at
http://devon.dhs.org/freeciv/crash1/.

Feel free to contact me if any other information would be useful.

* I mention this because the only other related crash listed in the bug
tracking system seems to be related to the arctic boundary.

jason short