Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv development

To: Nathan Lovell <lovell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv development
From: Martin Olveyra <molv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 00:19:18 -0300

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Martin Olveyra wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Nathan Lovell wrote:

> > My thought on reading it was that it could make use of the city naming
> > module recently ported from xconq.  Those people really obsessed with the
> > details of the unit warfare could associate unit names with the nation
> > sets (ie Sherman, Bradley, etc. tanks for US) and the evolving models
> > could then have unique names.  Anyway, just a thought.
>
> Really I would like to see someone interested in working on implement those
> ideas. A complement to all this would be that each client might have its own
> unit pixmap set, so units of diferent nations would have its own appearance.

Even the attack and defense power, and the movement points of enemy units can
be hided, so the strenght of a unit cannot be known by enemies until it is
confronted over battle field.
With all this it is necesary that, at least the unit type be showed, other way,
a player could give a horsemen pixmap to a heavy tank, and this way fool the
enemies with the old "Troya Horse" trick.