Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv development

To: Martin Olveyra <molv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv development
From: Nathan Lovell <lovell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 19:15:51 -0700 (MST)

> On Sun, 25 Feb 2001, Richard Marmorstein wrote:
> > Your improvements are neat.  I can't wait for them to
> > come out.  Also I suggest adding more kinds of tanks
> > such as the sherman.
> This is to much specific for the high level gaming of Freeciv. I think it
> cannot be added as a unit by itself, but instead as a unit model. (See

> http://arch.freeciv.org/freeciv-dev-200009/msg00042.html)

Hey, that's a really neat idea.  I haven't heard it before.  I see it's
been ~6 months since that email.  Have you done any work on
implementation, or planning?

My thought on reading it was that it could make use of the city naming
module recently ported from xconq.  Those people really obsessed with the
details of the unit warfare could associate unit names with the nation
sets (ie Sherman, Bradley, etc. tanks for US) and the evolving models
could then have unique names.  Anyway, just a thought.

  Nathan Lovell @ University of Utah
  School of Computing & Department of Chemistry