Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv development

To: Richard Marmorstein <benny_alden@xxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv development
From: Martin Olveyra <molv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 21:00:22 -0300

On Sun, 25 Feb 2001, Richard Marmorstein wrote:
> Your improvements are neat.  I can't wait for them to
> come out.  Also I suggest adding more kinds of tanks
> such as the sherman.
This is to much specific for the high level gaming of Freeciv. I think it
cannot be added as a unit by itself, but instead as a unit model. (See
http://arch.freeciv.org/freeciv-dev-200009/msg00042.html)

> Also I think you should add
> "caveman" technologies like communication and hunting
None of them are technologies. Both are instinctive behaviors.
Most animals know how to hunt. Communication exists in the hominid branch from
nearly the beggining. Also there are animals, like cetaceans, who have a very
complex communication system. (If by communication we understand a complex
comm. system, because many animal species can communicate between them)

> and also you should add barbarian like dinosaurs and
?????? (I think this suggestion is a joke) :-)))

> as it goes on it goes to outer space aliens,  also I
> think it would be neat if your spaceships could go to
> whole other planets and you could colonize there.
mmmm....
That is easy to implement, but this way the game would be eternal. Also think
about managing hundreds of cities!. (Well it can be solved in part, see
http://arch.freeciv.org/freeciv-dev-200102/msg00401.html, he he he!)
May be we can reach the End of the Eternity.