Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: toner supplies

To: sigra@xxxxxxx
Cc: gudlat@xxxxxx, "Daniel Gudlat" <d.gudlat@xxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: toner supplies
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 22 Feb 2001 19:28:40 +0000

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, sigra@xxxxxxx wrote:

>> If the former is not an option, then implementing filtering on the
>> RSS (Relay Spam Stopper, see http://www.mail-abuse.org/rss) will
>> likely prevent most SPAM such as this one from getting to the list,
>> without hurting anyone...
>
> I would like that too. I have noticed at ALSA how slow mailing lists
> become with filtering, but with the recent increase in spam, it is
> worth it. Thoose who are on the thread will get the post mailed
> directly and will receive it without delay.

On the GNU mailing lists, mails from RBL'ed hosts have an
X-RBL-Warning header added to them automatically.  This means that
each person on the list can make their own decision as to how to deal
with them; personally I filter them all into a folder called
mail.suspicious and check it from time to time.

--
Big Gaute                               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
Fold, fold, FOLD!!  FOLDING many items!!