Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: toner supplies

To: gudlat@xxxxxx, "Daniel Gudlat" <d.gudlat@xxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: toner supplies
From: Erik Sigra <sigra@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 19:47:35 +0100

tisdagen den 20 februari 2001 18:26 skrev Daniel Gudlat:
> To the list manager:
> a) Would it be possible to set the list so only members can post to
> it, or otherwise protect it from SPAM?

That would be too restrictive. It may stop people who are subscribed from
posting if they have multiple e-mail addreses and their e-mail programs are
configured in certain ways.

> If the former is not an option, then implementing filtering on the RSS
> (Relay Spam Stopper, see http://www.mail-abuse.org/rss) will likely prevent
> most SPAM such as this one from getting to the list, without hurting
> anyone...

I would like that too. I have noticed at ALSA how slow mailing lists become
with filtering, but with the recent increase in spam, it is worth it. Thoose
who are on the thread will get the post mailed directly and will receive it
without delay.

Besides, I think freeciv-dev has become very slow lately. Is it because I
changed the e-mail addres for receiving freeciv-dev and ended up last in the
list or is it something else?